Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Snake Story - Do Women Have a Sixth Sense?




I always heard that women were enabled with a sixth sense. I figured it was because being mothers we needed to have eyes on the back of our heads and hearing that rivaled Superman’s.  At crucial times it seemed that I was missing such important components although I think I was just in denial.
This was why it was odd to me that the sixth sense kicked in over a snake that my husband had acquired as a pet for the children. (Side note: This is what happens when you send your hubby to the pet store for a turtle.)
The poor snake was stuck in our room so that my hubby could take care of it. A lot of good that did.  The snake kept trying to get out and I kept dreaming about the snake which was rather unnerving seeing as how I’m no fan of snakes. Finally, the snake got out of his cage somehow and everyone went into a tizzy.  I kept trying to tell them I knew where the snake was because I had a dream about him and his location.  It was as if the snake was reaching out to me, weird.  So I told them to go look outside on the brick of the chimney where there was a little ledge and they’d find the snake curled up because that’s where I saw the snake in my dream.  Surprise to everyone but me, he was there.
The story from here gets kind of sad, so small children need to be warned. I kept dreaming about the snake and in my dream he kept dying.  Real time during the day, I noticed that he was trying even harder to get out of his cage, to the point of whacking his head on the wire mesh.  Sure enough, a few days later he did, in fact, die.  When we talked to the people at the pet store it was determined that he died from inhaling the cedar bark which was and is poisonous to snakes.  My hubby had put the wrong kind of bedding in the cage and the snake, I think, was sending out some radars or something and I was picking up the beams but not getting the message.
I always felt bad about that.  If only my darn sixth sense would have talked, I would have known what the snake was trying to say. To this day, I am totally baffled as to why I somehow connected with that snake.  I have tried practicing, but my sixth sense does not seem to have improved.  Strange story, but true.

1 comment: