Monday, March 9, 2015

DIY RV Picture Frames

When we first moved into our RV I found out that hanging pictures appeared to be next to impossible.  Everything in an RV is designed to be light and withstand the movements of the road, naturally.  However, that posed a problem to hang anything.  I did find that I could purchase RV picture frames that were basically clear plastic with a border that you could stick on your cabinets.  So I purchased a few, but they were kind of boring and pricey.  See picture of refrigerator:

After awhile, I decided to try and make my own.  What the heck, it's just a piece of plastic that sticks on something.  I found some contact paper for covering pictures at the craft store and probably what they use for picture albums.  So I experimented with different procedures, such as:  covering the picture first and sticking that on the background paper, or covering both the picture and the background paper at once.  Both have their pros and cons.  I saved more of the contact paper by covering everything at once since the contact paper came in 8"x11" sheets and I found out it won't work to try and cut it up and cover different sizes.  Also, the background paper, whether card stock or tough construction paper, would last a lot longer if covered as well.

I placed different pictures on one piece of 8"x11" paper and then covered it with the contact paper.  .  Then I decorated the pictures with various craft items, such as paper flowers, stickers, and floral tape.  They came out quite nice and are a nice reminder of happy times with family and friends.  See example above.  Also, I use ticky tacky to stick them on the cupboards.  It is imperative that you clean every surface with alcohol or nothing will stick.

I hope this helps.  It's always fun to conquer some new problem or dilemma.  I like this solution.  My pictures remind me of my wonderful family and brighten up the living area.  More ideas solutions will continue to be posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment