Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Decorating and remembering

Since I had to get rid of everything I owned, collected, saved, cherished and enjoyed in order to live in a tin can; I thought I should try and decorate as much as possible to make me feel better.  Here's a couple of pictures:

 I found this "negative" strip at Michael's - I like it because it reminds me of taking pictures back in the day when I had my first camera - a Pentax.  I can change the pictures out and enjoy other photos.  In the corner is a little clay pot I got on a trip to Thailand for decoration to remind me of my travels.  The flowers are from dollar world stores so I can inexpensively change them for different types and for different seasons.
The kitchen looks really nice when it's clean.  The curtains are from my old house.  I folded them in half because the windows are so short and now they fit perfect.

2 comments:

  1. It was hard to see you get rid of all of those things, but you are living simple, as most of us should anyway. I can tell you've already started collecting things again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will have things, somehow. They may be compact, easy to carry, fit my living compartment, but I will have things! And they all must be useful if nothing but to decorate and remind us of our blessings, our loved ones, our travels and lift our spirits, we hope.

    ReplyDelete